6 Apr 2014

Happy Birthday for my man

Here's a birthday card I made for my partner last week. I made it pretty much the same way as my mothers day card, but with more masculine stamps and inks :-)

I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Challenge; Happy Birthday.


I started by using the Creative Expressions chevron stencil with broken china distress ink. the background was then distressed with broken china and old paper with a gradient. I used a die cut from the Lovely labels set from Clearly Besotted Stamps to use as a mask and then started stamping cogs (free stamps from a magazine) with different colours, adding second generation stamping to add dimension.

A sentiment from Clearly Besotted Stamps 'Say it in Style' was stamped in the middle with three colour co ordinated sequins to match the cogs.


2 comments:

  1. such a fun card, luv your stamping.

    So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card, I love the faded inking of the chevron background and inked the cigs - wonderful colour scheme. A lovely sentiment with the sequins!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

    ReplyDelete