3 Feb 2014

Simon says stamp challenge

Hi there!

Its my mother-in-laws' birthday tomorrow so I got the chance to try out a few new things. I hadn't embossed onto vellum before and I hadn't coloured in a stamp with markers before either.

I got the layout idea from heathers card here. I love the colours she uses and she has such a lovely eye for design.


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

So this weeks Simon says stamp challenge was to include twine, which I happened to have a bit lying around. It also matched the colour scheme on the card perfectly.



 I started off by stamping the background stamp from the Cardmaking and papercraft magazine in white ink and heat embossing with clear powder. Distress inks were use to layer up the background image and then promarkers were used to highlight the floral details. matching twine was attached and the piece stuck on with raised foam pads for dimension.

The card was finished off with the heat embossed sentiment from clearly besotted stamps and a couple of colour coordinating pearls from my minds eye.

1 comment:

  1. This is very pretty! I like the silver embossing on the vellum! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete