31 Jan 2014

Baby personalised frame

I had noticed about a year ago how popular personalised frames had become and have recently got a few more to make as they make such great gifts.


The preference was for a girly design and ladybirds to be included. I tried to keep it clean and simple to focus on the details. 3 ladybirds have been cut out and stuck on using foam dots to add a little dimension. Just to finish off, I decided to add some plain gems for a little added extra.




Here is a better view of the ladybirds dimension. I printed off the main image including the ladybirds and added more on top. I think it looks good this way for that 3D effect. The biggest pain with this project was the mount. The mount that came with the frame was too small for my design so I use a scalpel to hand cut the mount bigger. That took at least an hour as its the first time I had attempted such a thing, although I think it turned out satisfactory.

I've got a few more to do in the next month so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment