4 Jan 2014

Christmas cards

So its been a busy year, going back to work, moving jobs, Leo turning one in the summer. Ive wanted to post but I find the longer I leave it, the harder it is, so this year im determined to gain more confidence and post regularly.

Anyway, ive been picking up with lots of christmas cards for close family and friends.

 Ive seen a few cards with stamped wreaths so this is my take on it. Ive used the clearly bessotted stamp leaf design and then embossed a bow from another stamp set (sorry cant remember which)

This snowflake design was a simple quick one I mass produced. The snowflake was die cut and used in another project, then the sillouette was torn and put on top of some festive paper from me 2 you decoupage set (i think!)

The reindeer template was a free gift in a magazine which I embossed onto melz stampz digi paper, inked up using distress inks, used sticklers to define the reindeer, die cut the red letters and finished off with a bow, brad and sequins.

Wow, thats a mouthful!

This one was my favourite and a few were done for the closest family. I stamped the red background from urban stamps, dovercraft, which I thought work well enough on its own without having to add a sentiment. I heat embossed in gold the same stamp on red card but then used this to die cutthe poinsettia leaves to give some texture. A couple of plain green leaves were also die cut to complete the piontsettia.

I aslo added a bit of greenery from the holiday greenery die by sizzix. All the green die cuts we inked on the edges with pine needles distress ink and the red with fired brick just to add some dimension.

Ill hopefully post a few from last year to catch up on what has been missed soon  :-)

Hope everyone had a wonderful christmas and new year 

Rachael x


No comments:

Post a Comment