19 Jan 2014

Cards of 2013 part 2

I did actually make a lot of cards last year ( for my standards) and learnt a lot over the year. 

Apologies for the poor quality photos. Most were taken on my phone quickly before sealing them in the envelope!
This was for the birth of a friends baby but I wanted to do something different. I wanted to make this card up as a framed photo for the babies room but thought if I put it on the card, they can see it first and decide if they like it or want alterations. Needless to say they liked it :-)

A pretty girly card for a pretty girly girl. I was unsure what to do at the time but thought I would keep the colours minimalistic and go for white on white with a pop of colour from the butterflies and sentiment. The embossed card came from a set.
An end of term thank you card to my sister in law who is also our child minder. They had recently been to France so that was the inspiration for this card. The sentiments have glitter embossed on them but it doesn't show up in the photo.
Birthday card for a good friend who loves purple so I used some free papers that came with a magazine. I stamped the floral design with silver ink which shimers in the light but the photo does it no justice. The purple feathers were stamps I made from erasers :-)
A card for my friends on their wedding. Their theme was vintage and traditional so I tried to capture that in this card. The stamped sentiment is from a free set from a magazine. the flowers were die cut using Sizzix dies out of cardstock I had stamped and distressed. the stamps were from 7gypsies. the punched leaves were distressed on the ends with old paper distress ink. The embossed and distressed strip is a Sizzix folder. I added a vintage button to the flower for a final touch. I found it in my grans button tin she gave me. I love these buttons as I remember looking at them from a young age but its lovely to see them come out of the box and be appreciated.
A card to my partner on our tenth anniversary together. Had a lot of fun with embossing on this one. I thought the clocks added a nice touch. I had used stencils for the first time on this card so went a bit mental. one clock is from the Prima Paris theme set while the others are from a free set with a Docrafts magazine.the cherish stamp is from the Prima Rondelle collection set. The sweet memories stamp is from the Dovercraft urban stamps sentiment set. the floral stamp is from Tim Holtz floral scroll.
Birthday card for granny olive. I partially embossed the card, die cut letters and die cut a heart out of the front of the card. The grey floral stamp is from Tim Holtz, the dots from my minds eye and the flower dies from Sizzix and Britannia dies. The embossing folder is from Sizzix.
A simple batch birthday card I made when using sequins for the first time. The paper is a free digi from Melz Stamps, the birthday stamp is from Dovercraft, partially stamped, die cut letter from Tim Holtz 'letter block' and the sequins are off Amazon :-)

As you can see I've tried out so many different techniques last year and cant wait for what this year brings :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment