12 Jan 2014

Cards of 2013

Since I hardly posted anything last year I though I would make a reminiscent post. So here is the first post of what I've been up to in 2013 (in no particular order!)



This card was for my cousin Ben who turned 17 so I tried to make it 'cool'. I die cut 3 circles out of card stock and embossed it with a chevron pattern. I used a range of distress inks to make a rainbow effect then stamped starts from 7gypsies stamp stamp set. The sentiment from wow embossing stamps set 'everyday sentiments', die cut on a tag from sizzix and distress the edges to match the card background. I did later die cut the letters B E N and put them into the circles but didn't take a photo of that :-)


A few cards made for friends and family. I used the free papers that come with a magazine for the flowers and butterflies. the grey papers are actually the inside of business envelopes. I saw on another blog about using the envelopes because of the different patterns available. I do like recycling!


 A Christmas card I made for a friend to give to his wife. he wanted to get her a very personalised card to make the biggest impression and I hope I fulfilled that for him. I embossed the die cut letter and snowflake in sliver and one snowflake in glitter. The red background was stamped from a Dovercraft stamp and distressed. lastly a tag was die cut out of craft card, distressed and stamped.
 My end of term card for my sister in law, who also happens to be our child minder. Not much to say, just reverse embossed the red card stock, distressed, die cut snowflakes and a sentiment. Simples!
 A birthday card for my boss at work. This was also my first play with the clearly besotted stamps leaves and die cut set. I love them!!! The die cutters are very good and cut like butter. My die cuts just fell out!
The butterfly is from sizzix which was coloured using distress inks and embossed with glitter. the sentiment and fancy swirl is from the wow everyday sentiments set. below is a close up of the butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment